I have been super focused on the concept of “𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞” both in a tangible & emotional way. Whether it’s cleaning out my closet, turning down work opportunities, aggressively paying off debt, or just saying ‘no’ to people — the goal here is to 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐔𝐓.
I’m learning that when the world moves too fast, I loose myself in the chaos (𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘰𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘰𝘸𝘯). It’s the unwarranted noise that keeps me from seeing the world through a clear lens.
For those who are not following - unwarranted noise or chaos looks like this (𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘮𝘦):
- Saying YES, when you really want to say NO.
- Accepting clients for money, not passion.
- Agreeing to short notice.
- Spending too much time online.
- The list goes on.
A with a few small changes, you can lead to a 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘧𝘵:
- Prioritize. What matters to you most? Make sure this priorities are 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔.
- Let go. Eliminate any unnecessary fears.
- If it doesn’t align with your passion, 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨.
- Schedule time for yourself. Literally put it in your calendar.
Clearly I am projecting my own inner conflicts on social media, but while I 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐮𝐩 looking for help, I’d like to 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 and extend a friendly gesture to my people. Start saying NO. Stop overextending yourself out of fear. If you made it this far in my post, 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟.